Thursday, June 12, 2008

Ask Bella

Making the decision to have jaw surgery is a big one. I remember how scary it was for me. My brain was whirring with questions, but I had no one to ask who had been through it. I finally did find helpful people in some of the online jaw surgery support groups to answer my questions.

Since starting this blog, I've been getting a lot of questions via email and comments about my experiences from others considering jaw surgery. Since I know what it feels like, I'm happy to answer what I can.

And so, I present to you: Ask Bella. Over the next while, I'll be posting the most common questions I've been asked about my surgery and recovery. If you have any questions of your own, ask away!

Just send an email to smilingbella at gmail dot com or leave a comment on one of the Ask Bella posts.

Looking forward to your questions!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that you're answering all of our q's. Thank you on behalf of the orthognathic surgery "victims" out there.

Just a quick q...I am 6 wks post-surgery and have an opening of 27 mm, which my oral surgeon is not thrilled about. I try every day to do the exercises, but I do experience a lot of pain, particularly on one side of my jaw. Do you think 27 mm is that horrible? (I've read about your struggles with that device your physiotherapist gave you and such) and do you have any recommendations to make the exercises easier? Or to help me get a bigger opening, without using any kind of device? (This opening business is super frustrating!)

Thanks a ton!

Bella said...

Anonymous,

Thanks for the question. I'll have an answer up for you next week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails