Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Brace-free and fabulous

I promised brace-free pictures, and I like to keep my promises, so here you go:

I am now officially at six months post-surgery, though I had my braces taken off at the five month mark (a record for my orthodontist, who says he's never had a surgical patient's braces taken off that quickly.)

I still have to have some dental work done, though. There are large spaces between some of my top teeth, common after this kind of surgery, that I have to get filled in by my dentist next month.

So, we're getting there. By the end of this year, I figure everything - jaw opening, chin numbness, tooth spaces - will be taken care of, and I can finally move past this phase of my life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look fantastic! But I do hope you know that. :-)
Here's to the final detials being sorted out.

mylene

Dragon (Karen) said...

Geepers I thought I'd posted here that I thought your smile is outstanding ... sorry ... but I must have done something wrong coz it hasn't shown up!

Huge congratulations! :-)

Bella said...

Thanks so much, you guys! I can't stop smiling!!

Michelle said...

You're right - you are brace free and fabulous!!! That's so awesome. I can't wait to have the same kind of post on my blog!!! Kudos for getting this far post-op and post-brace face!

:0)
M

P.S. I wonder if that German fetish group no longer find your blog interesting!! Their loss!!!

stephanie said...

what a beautiful smile, by the way. Yay!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails