Friday, October 17, 2008

An apple a day

Even though I have had my braces off since early July, it took me until this week to eat an apple without cutting it into sections first.

I think I avoided it for so long because I had a hard time believing my jaw would be strong enough to eat a whole apple out of my hand instead of sliced up on a plate.

When I finally got around to it, it was as though I had forgotten how to eat an apple. I bit in with my top teeth and tried to pull of a chunk with them, as I used to do with my overbite. It wasn't working. And then I discovered that I had to move my lower lip out of the way and my lower teeth could actually dig into the skin, too.

Then, the coolest thing happened - I got a full bite out of the juicy flesh! And it was awesome!

I have been gorging myself on sweet organic apples ever since, and every bite fills me with a sense of marvel.

It took me this long to figure it out...and guess what?

My upper braces are going back on tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mollieb said...

Congrats on eating an apple. I am two and a half weeks out from surgery, returning to work tomorrow. I wish I had more time off, but really, I'm doing pretty well. I do take a nap everyday, but I think that is more because I can and not as much that I need to. Perhaps it's because I sleep like crap. I h ope you don't have to keep you upper braces on for too long!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails