Sunday, May 25, 2008

The light of the end of the tunnel

I had my first post-surgery orthodontic appointment today. I was looking forward to it because it meant I could finally get these annoying surgical hooks off my teeth. So, I was already super excited to be there, and then my orthodontist said something that made me just about jump out of the chair:

Orthodontist: Bella, your teeth are perfect!
Bella: Hooray!
Ortho: We can take these braces off in three months.

Bella: [whips head to stare at Ortho, incredulous] SHUT UP!!!

Ortho:
Uh....Excuse me?
Bella: Are you for real? How can that be even possible? Seriously??
Ortho: Well, we'll see how it goes.

So, that means that by this fall, my mouth will actually be metal-free. I am in shock that it could happen that fast - I was expecting it would be another year for sure.

In honour of this momentous news, I celebrated by getting crazy fuchsia and teal wire ties. Observe:


And I must say: flossing your teeth without surgical hooks for the first time in 3 1/2 months = sheer heaven.

5 comments:

kate smudges said...

Now that is worth celebrating! 3 months will pass in a flash & you'll be brace-free. The fuchsia and blue are cool ...

Michelle said...

Those colors look great! Congrats on such GREAT news, your teeth look fantastic!!

Dragon (Karen) said...

Fantastic news! :-)

Your teeth and smile look amazing. Plus I love your choice of ligs!

Bella said...

Thanks, gals! I still can't believe it myself!!

Shell said...

Almost 3 years after you post this, but this post struck a chord with me. I am about to have surgery in 3 days time, and it's just exciting to see how fantastic your teeth look, and your celebrations in getting braces off. I hope everything is still going fabulously for you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails