Saturday, September 26, 2009

Ortho-don't-ist

Last week, I went to the orthodontist only to find the door locked and a sign saying that all appointments were cancelled due to "sterilization issues."

Being involved in animal rescue, I immediately thought this meant my orthodontist was being neutered. He couldn't keep his appointments because he was currently under the knife, or he had just had the procedure done and had acquired some kind of unspeakable infection.

And now, the mental image of him holding a big bag of ice to his crotch is traumatizing me to no end.

Ew.

On the plus side, the appointment was rescheduled for today, and to my surprise, he took my braces off!

Freedom, finally! I am whitening my brace-free teeth as I type! Hooray!!

7 comments:

Stacy said...

Yay!!! Congrats!
Do your teeth feel slimy? I remember mine felt so strange!

Bella said...

Actually, they feel freakishly smooth, not slimy. Though they also feel kind of loose - like they could potentially fall out of my mouth! Weird.

K said...

That is awesome! Congrats!

Katherine said...

Woohoo! What a clever way to share your good news.

piranha said...

Congratulations!

Katherine (Kate) said...

Not a fan of the text-speak as a rule, but holy ROTFLMAO!!! way to good a visual. Think I'll savour it for a moment.....

Congrats on the brace-free thing. Again. For keeps. :)

Virginia said...

Congratulations on the braces off!! My ortho said at the last appt that he was ready to take mine off (2-3 months early), but I don't think I'm ready to let them go yet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails