Friday, September 25, 2009

Zip-N-Squeeze debacle

Just wanted to warn all the jaw surgery buddies who are having surgery over the next few months that something seems to be up with Zip-N-Squeeze.

According to Carrie at The Winnipeg Teeth/Lower Jaw Surgery Transformation, the company has been accepting orders online but hasn't been sending them out, leaving a lot of people scrambling to try and get their money back from PayPal. I checked Dinner Through a Straw, the site I ordered my Zip-N-Squeeze bags from, and it states that all of the Zip-N-Squeeze products are "temporarily out of stock."

So, anyone wanting this product is out of luck for now. It will be interesting to know if this is truly a temporary situation, or if the company is done like the pureed dinner we wish we could put in their bags.

If anyone hears updates, drop me a line.

7 comments:

Majken said...

Hi Smiling Bella-

Have you heard of an update to this? I tried adding some of their products to paypal and it said "This recipient is currently unable to receive money." I'm very sad as I have a 13 month old about to have cleft palate surgery and I could really use the bottles and bags. :(

Bella said...

Hi Majken,

I haven't heard any updates. But you know what? I didn't use the bags a lot - the syringes were great in the hospital, and I used a lot of natural remedies and lymph drainage massage to get the swelling down, which made it possible for me to drink from a cup and slurp from a baby spoon, even though my jaw was still wired shut. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hello, I work at a medical facility and our rehab department has used the zip-n-squeeze soft sipp bottle and I just found their phone and fax numbers are disconnected. Does anyone have updated info? Thank you.

Bella said...

Hi,

Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything further on this. Sorry!

Unknown said...

Zip-n-Squeeze is no longer in business or manufacturing their products. We have developed a new product that works a lot like them, the NutriSqueeze pouches. You can find them at https://www.craniorehab.com/nutrisqueeze-pouches.html
The ZNS bags were great, so we created these after they were taken off the market.

Bella said...

Thanks for the information, Rob. I'm sure my readers will be very happy to hear about your new product. I've asked them to write reviews if they use it, and I will post those, too.

Justin said...

The company that was distributing this product is out of business, but the manufacturer has bought the right from the inventor and is now back in production and will be selling the Zip-N-Squeeze product line direct and setting up new distributors. You can visit their website at http://com-pac.com/catalog/zip-n-squeeze/ to order.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails